Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Way I Feel About Reading . . .




The book that i remember as a child was Green Eggs And Ham, this book had me stuck in the same spot for about a good hour. I loved that book so much i went to sleep with it in my bed. I liked that book all the way up until my 6 year old niece was born in 2004. But over all Green Eggs And Ham, was my first experience that i remember.


Growing up in a bad area you really don't have time to concentrate on reading at times. Your more worried about what you going to be doing in the next to hours either your going to do this for your mom or you gone duck from bullets. I didn't like reading when i was young and i don't like it now.  I am trying to get out of this faze that i have going with me not liking reading but its kinda hard to get into a book when there's so many other things you can be doing.




The way i feel about reading is not a very good  feeling. I really don't like reading but i read because i have to or because i want to learn about new things. If it came down to me reading or going outside with my friends, with no hesitation i will be outside with my friends chilling on the porch. But i read thing one book called Daddy's Little Girl, i really thought that book was interesting and i got into it. But that's the only book that i liked and i ready that book in the 8th grade i believe. I liked this but because it had a story that i could relate to and it really touched my heart. But Daddy's Little Girl, will always be my number one choice book. 

I would say my reading experience # 1 and now are pretty much the same but i have an eye for drama and heart felt books now. My change in reading choices have changed a lot because of the type of person that i have grown u to become. I like to read about drama but the one thing that makes me long for a book or biography's or story's about how you mad it from a low stage in your life to a high point. Like i said before i like reading only when i have to. But when i read drama or heart felt books its just something that makes me want to read more about. And i love series of books. I just wont to by one whole series of books and i would be happy.

I dislike reading only because most of the time i'm reading a book that i'm forced to read or have to read for a class. I cant concentrate on something that doesn't interest me because it doesn't click. And reading is just not something i like to do when i am willingly doing it. I don't read in class because i don't like to read out loud because people tend to laugh or giggle when you stumble over words and i don't like that at all. So i don't read in class.

I would like to read more book that are not in the same category as mines and try to get in the mood to read. I would love to leave out of this school year loving to participate in class reading assignments. I want to read faster and flow with a pas. Be able to read to people with out being shy. And just over all get the hang off reading because reading is something that i have to do all my life no matter what field of work i'm doing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers